We are well into the new year and we know it’s hard to resist the urge to aggressively dive into diet and exercise but often that is not a maintainable lifestyle. At SI Medical we want to assist you in making lifelong lifestyle changes that will improve your health for the long run. Slow and steady wins the race! We have a few suggested changes to get you started.
- Swap out fresh salsa for salad dressing. Fresh salsa located in the produce section of the grocery store tends to be your lowest calorie, lowest carb choice.
- Eat at home rather than a restaurant, which can be a big money saver. Statistics have shown we consume an average of 200 additional calories when eating outside the home.
- Sauté using vegetable broth instead of oil. You’ll still get the moisture and flavor needed without the extra calories and fat.
- Rake leaves or shovel snow for 20 minutes. These activities are helpful because they use multiple muscle groups, which burns calories faster.
- Add 17 minutes of shadow boxing to your day. This is a no cost physical activity and we love that!
- Cleaning serves a dual purpose. Mopping or sweeping your floors for about 25 minutes will help you burn about 100 calories.